5 things you should know when entering the 2017 RNA Awards
Friday, January 27, 2017
Whether you’ve already submitted your entries for the 2017 RNA Awards for Religion Reporting Excellence or you plan to slide them in just under the deadline next week, these tips will help.
- You can enter more than once. You can even enter the same category more than once. In fact, there is no limit to the number of entries you can submit in a single category, so long as the content for each entry is unique. (BONUS: if your work meets the requirements for multiple categories, you can submit the same stories in different categories.)
- The Multiple Media categories really are for everyone — print, broadcast or online media, you’re ALL invited to the party.
- You don’t have to be an RNA member or a full-time journalist to enter. As long as the work is original and was published/aired/broadcast at eligible outlets in 2016, anyone is eligible. (HINT, HINT: Tell all your colleagues to enter.)
- You don’t have to copy/paste your stories and submit them as Word or PDF files. For most categories, if you can provide a URL we can access through the end of the year, that’s all you need to complete an entry.
- If you win, the Awards Banquet and after party at the RNA Conference make for a festive evening you won't want to miss (PENCIL IT IN: victory speech needed for Sept. 9, 2017 at the Renaissance Hotel in Nashville… be there or be square!).
For more great tips on entry preparation or because you’re now inspired to submit additional entries (do it!), check out RNA.org/contests.
Entry deadline: Feb. 1, 2017
Prizes: $10,000 among 20 categories
Questions? Contact Tiffany McCallen, 740-263-7875